Alternative Dispute Resolution
What is ADR?
Alternative dispute resolution (ADR) refers to various processes that facilitate resolving disputes without going to trial. At Swaden Resolution Services, LLC., in Minneapolis, we are strong advocates for helping men and women throughout the Twin Cities explore ADR options to resolve family law disputes. We try very hard to settle cases through ADR, because we know it can give you more freedom to achieve customized solutions. It is also often less stressful and more cost-effective than traditional court litigation.
Why Use ADR?
ADR provides the space for individuals to discuss their differences without the hostility of a courtroom setting. It also allows them to work out solutions that are tailored specifically to their family’s needs, instead of relying on the decision of an impartial judge, who will not know the unique details of their family’s situation.
We can help you with any of the following forms of ADR:
- Mediation — Clients, sometimes with their attorneys, sit down with a neutral third party, the mediator, who facilitates communication to settle the issues involved in the divorce or family-related dispute.
- Arbitration — Individuals and their attorneys present their positions before a neutral third party, the arbitrator, who will make a final decision for them.
- Consensual special magistrate — Family-related issues are presented to a certified neutral third party instead of a Minnesota District Court judge.
- Early neutral evaluation — A process in which the lawyers present the core of the dispute to a neutral evaluator, who will assess the strengths and weaknesses of the case in the presence of all parties involved.
- Non-binding advisory opinions — Attorneys, along with the parties involved, present the core of the dispute to a neutral adviser for a non-binding report or recommendation.
- Mediation/arbitration — If parties cannot agree on a final settlement in mediation, they agree to arbitrate deadlocked issues.
Marty Swaden has completed certified mediation training, and is listed as one of the Best Family Law Mediators in America. He also helps clients in arbitration as well as serves as a parenting consultant for parents who cannot resolve custody and parenting time disputes on their own following divorce.
Contact Our Minneapolis ADR Attorney to Learn More
Don’t let a judge make the final decision for you. Contact our firm at 612-284-6922 to explore whether ADR is right for you. At Swaden Resolutin Services, LLC, we will remain sensitive to your needs at each step in the process.